I've been tweeting regularly for a couple of months and am starting to see benefits and a huge potential to it. First, I thought the idea of just writing about what I'm doing now, was a bit dumb. Who could possibly spare the time to read all that stuff?
Now, I think differently. I've seen a lot of different behaviours among tweeters. Besides the basic behaviour mentioned above, I've referenced plenty of different usages of Twitter:
- writing about what you find remarkable (link, citation, etc.)
- advertising your blog or other publication of yours
- posting individual or collective instant messages
- asking for help, solliciting ideas
- expressing a strong feeling about something you've just discovered
- filling up some idle moment...
The people who follow you motivate you to provide them with the best thoughts, the most remarkable insights you come across.
I wish you happy tweeting. You can follow me @ pattycake5678 on Twitter.
Some interesting posts on the subject:
- The Network Thinker
- Successful and outstanding blogs
- The Broacasting Brain
- Search Engine Guide